Chimney/Fireplace Parts & Repair
Current law requires that any work over $500.00 must be completed by a licensed contractor, licensed in the correct classification for the work in which he/she is performing. Please verify contractors license and classification information with the State Contractors Board before hiring any contractor.
Most Common Types of Fireplace Repair - Masonry Fireplaces
- Repoint back firewall (sidewall or inside hearth) - most commonly caused by moisture damage.
- Back firewall or firebox replacement- necessary when it's beyond repairing.
- Flue extension - for smoking problems.
- Crown resurfacing or replacement - water leak problem.
- Exterior repoint - water leak and structural problem.
- Replace inside/outside ash dump doors.
- Smoke stain removal - usually over opening of fireplace.
- Chimney cap/arrestors, dampers, spark arrestors (see prices).
- Flue lining installation (old unlined flues) or flue relining (damaged flue lining) masonry (terracotta) and stainless steel.
- Access door installation - for permanently installed inserts or extra large smoke chambers.
Most Common Type of Prefabricated Fireplace Parts & Repair
- Replace firebox refractories (or panels).
- Repair hearth refractories.
- Damper servicing - including replacing handles and entire damper assemblies.
- Replace chimney cap.
- Replace chimney flue pipe.
In order to replace these types of fireplace parts - you will need the manufacturer's name and fireplace model number from inside the fireplace or from the owner's manual. If you are unable to locate this information, we can do it for you. Using a different manufacturer's parts will VOID THE U.L. LISTING on your fireplace.
We carry factory parts for all major manufacturers of prefabricated fireplaces. Most parts can be priced over the telephone with our office. If it exists, we can find it.